Saturday 24 July 2010

Re-Kindled Love

A year or so ago I decided to pick up the crochet hook once more. I had been seduced by the newly emerged interest in knitting and all things made of wool. I had done a bit of crocheting years ago and still had a crochet hook in my sewing box. I found a bit of wool (probably left over from all those years ago!) and soon rediscovered how much I had enjoyed doing it back then. So, having got 'the bug' again I bought a few cheap balls of wool, from the local Post Office no less, and started to play. Could I remember how to do a granny square? Yes, I could, albeit a little wonky. My creative juices were flowing and I was having fun. How about if I change colour? And what if I change the stitch? Soon my first piece was done. A smallish blanket that wasn't very flat! Made a mental note to work on tension on the next piece. Now what could I use this for? I didn't want to undo it, nor throw it away. Then, suddenly it hit me! I remembered my computer chair was a little too blue for my liking and didn't look very welcoming. Would this blanket give it a lift? Yes, look. It fits perfectly as if it were made for it! Of course I tell every one I did make it to fit this chair.



Looks good, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog