Saturday 24 July 2010

WiP

My latest WiP (work in progress) is a cushion cover. Earlier this year we bought two new armchairs and they looked a little bland sitting without any cushions on, so I turfed out a few cushion covers I had put aside for a rainy day and decided only one would be suitable.
After a comment from my husband along the lines of "something you've made would look good" I decided I would crochet the second one. So off I went on a trip to the Post Office for wool, not really thinking there would be anything suitable colour-wise, and was surprised to find this lovely ball ...






Isn't it just gorgeous? There were several colours in it that would match in with the existing decor of the front room and new chair fabric, so I bought it and started to crochet :: I wasn't sure how it would knit up, but thought simple double-crochet would show off the colours without competing and now I've done a chunk I absolutely LOVE it and it matches well with the chair fabric.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog