Sunday 12 December 2010

Mince Pies?

Did I say I was going to bake mince pies yesterday?  Well, somehow on the way to the kitchen I decided that as we had no biscuits in the house (and C does like a biscuit with his cuppa at the weekend) I would try my hand at making some.  Biscuits are something I have never made, don't know why, I guess I just bake what I know will turn out okay, but I had this urge this morning ... so out came this little book:


Its donkey's years old but in here I found a recipe for Ginger bread men or biscuits.  Perfect!  So I followed the recipe very carefully and ended up with these:



And they tasted as good as they look!  Not very gingery though, so next time I will add a bit more, but all the same for a first attempt they have turned out extremely well.  A little crisper than I had imagined, more like those little italian biscotti that you get in posh coffee shops, but they are so more-ish I don't think they are going to last very long!  This new found success has got me thinking that I will always make my own biscuits; certainly I will be making some over the next few weeks and I may even be giving them away as 'a little something' to friends and family over the festive period.

I really am chuffed to bits about these.  Its the little things in life that make one happy, don't you agree?

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious! Bet they made the house smell yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog