Saturday 2 April 2011

Easter Already?

EASTER?  Have I gone mad?  Not really.  Its just that I saw bits and pieces in Hobbycraft for Easter and couldn't resist this wooden hanging sign, waiting to be painted.


I spent a happy couple of hours painting it; well actually I mainly used metallic pens to give it a bit of a sheen.



I'm rather pleased with how its turned out. Just needs  a bit of green gingham ribbon to hang it with (I didn't like the pale pink bit that came with it) and it can then be hung in the window when the time comes.

I also decided that I would start an inspirations journal for the Being Creative monthly challenge and so I set about decorating the front cover of one of the many (sshh, don't tell Mr C how many) note books I have waiting to be used.  It seems I cannot pass by a stationery shop or the stationery isle in the supermarket, without stopping to buy a note book; A5 and A6 being my favoured sizes.


I printed off the Being Creative logo that Julia produced three times in varying sizes and matted them onto mirror-board.  A couple of thin strips of the pink mirror-board, a magnifying pebble (not very clearly seen on this pic but its on the bottom logo at the beginning of the words and two buterflies and we're done.  Turned out okay, me thinks.

1 comment:

  1. Ah how sweet! Love what you have done to the note pads and I really like your new page design. xx :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog